A. Primary Job Responsibilities
- Act as a point of escalation for the Team on Technical issues
- Manages escalation; Works directly with customers in escalations and ensures customer issues are resolved satisfactorily.
- Perform root cause analysis of Problem Management tickets and implement a permanent fix
- Deliver a swift and effective response until the issue is resolved and the situation is normalised
- Maintain a knowledge base of known issues and solutions for the Support team and create cheat sheets for business users to reduce tickets.
- Write maintainable, scalable, simple, clean and efficient code
- Continually look for opportunities to improve our platform, process and business
- Contribute to high level and low level design of software solutions
- Maintain and enhance existing applications in response to business needs.
- Collaborate closely with members of other teams throughout the software release cycle
- Tune application and query performance using profiling tools and SQL
- Monitor and support Systems and Batch processes
- Continually look for opportunities to improve coding, module structure, response time of the queries
B. Required Skills & Experience
- Ability to work in a fast paced, growth mode startup environment. Ready to roll sleeves do-what-ever-needs-to-be-done attitude, hands-on approach to lead by example and showcasing the sense of ownership
- 8+ years of work experience in software development, technical support or web application development
- Minimum 4 years of hands-on experience with Ruby and Ruby on Rails
- AWS, MySQL, PostgreSQL, S3, EC2 experience is must
- Tech support experience is must
- Team leading experience is must
- Should have experience with SQL Performance Tuning and Optimization using monitoring and troubleshooting tools
- Should have working experience with Nginx, Phusion Passenger
- Experience with Agile and Scrum Software Development Life Cycle Models
- Experience with Test Driven Development (TDD), continuous integration, Scrum, Kanban
- Proficiency with code versioning tools such as Git, Github, SVN. Working experience with Github will be preferred.
C. Basic Qualification - B.E (CS/IT), B.Tech(CS/IT), MCA, M.Tech