At Anchanto, We are looking for an Android developer responsible for the development and maintenance of applications aimed at a vast number of diverse Android devices. Your primary focus will be the development of Android applications and their integration with back-end services. You will be working along-side other engineers and developers working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and creating quality products is essential
- Design and build advanced applications for the Android platform
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features
- Work with outside data sources and APIs
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
- Conceptualizing and formulating apps that are suitable for use on all types of Android devices.
- Implementing measures to safeguard users' data.
- Ensuring that the construction and presentation of apps are congruent with the company's standards.
- Proofreading your code and correcting mistakes before each update is released.
- Collaborating with UI and UX Designers, as well as Software Testers, to ensure that our apps are presentable and in perfect working order.
- Creating app updates, including bug fixes and additional features, for release.
- Minimum 5 years of software development experience with at least 3 years of experience in Android app development and must have published at least one original Android app
- Strong knowledge of Android SDK Development and good understanding of version compatibilities of different versions of Android
- Sound knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
- In-depth knowledge of development and standards on multiple devices, phone and tablet architecture, layout and edge cases
- Experience with threading, and performance tuning
- Knowledge of the open-source Android ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks
- Experience of working with remote data via XML, REST and JSON APIs
- Thorough understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Good understanding of the full mobile development life cycle.
- Experience with Push notification, offline storage, internal android databases (SQlite, MongoDB).
- Experience with unit testing tools, automation and crash report handling.