- At Anchanto, we know that the one of the keys to growth is a high-performing Engineering team. That’s why we’re seeking a skilled Engineering Manager with hands on Python coding experience. The ideal candidate will have experience in Python coding for products, as well as skills related to strategic analysis and leading a team of developers while acting as an engineering manager
- As an Engineering Manager for Anchanto’s products, your day-to-day tasks will include the responsibilities of Senior Python Developer (which will take proximity 50% of your working time) as well as Engineering Manager. As a Python Developer you’ll work on designing and implementing backend business logic. Additionally, you’ll be responsible for the overall project structure/architecture and its new features. As an Engineering Manager, you will guide a team of Python developers and help them grow by setting personal & technical goals and assisting in achieving them. You will also conduct technical interviews, technically onboard green hands in your team, and conduct evaluation of your charges.
- Driving and owning the end-to-end product SDLC from concept to delivery for a product line
- Leading and managing a team of engineers working on our product roadmap
- Work with Product team and business stakeholders to develop a long-term product plan and manage the release planning cycles for your products
- Lead and handle multiple product development simultaneously.
- Responsible to set up of best engineering practices and processes, while ensuring designs meet requirements and delivering high-quality work on schedule
- Ability to translate product feature requirements into technical solutions, and lead engineering efforts to meet timelines
- Responsible for architecture and design decisions
- People management responsibilities- appraisals, team member development etc.
- Lead, mentor and scale a distributed team of engineers
- Take technical ownership of assigned Product development from high-level scope to details of individual class, API design and database design
- Being hands on with coding where required, performing code reviews etc
- Writing reusable, testable and efficient code
- Organize the release and maintenance of product features in Django framework
- Communicate with Product, Platform delivery, Tech Support, and Customer Success to refine requirements, document features, and debug production issues.
- Empower your team to self-organize and encourage technical excellence
- Growing the engineering capabilities and team
- Career management and development of direct reports
- Recruit and build the team
- Conduct technical interviews during the recruitment process
What You Need/ You have a track record of:
- 10+ years of overall experience of which at least 4-5 years of professional experience with Python development
- Prior experience with improving processes and standards for product development.
- Proficient in Python and Django. In-depth understanding and knowledge of object-oriented development and design patterns
- Thorough understanding of Webserver, Load Balancer and deployment process
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to pay attention to details
- Must have a strong sense of quality in terms of architecture as well as code style
- Knowledge of version control tools (Git) and continuous integration
- Good knowledge of multiple data storage systems
- Prior experience in microservices and event driven architecture
- Must have experience as an Engineering Manager or Team Leader while mentoring other people
- Quick learner with desire to develop their programming and management skills
- Must have experience in various stages of product development right from Solution Design to Development to successful launch
- Well organized and have ability to look at and understand big picture.
- Strong team player with ability to handle multiple products and coordinate with teams
- Self-motivated, results driven individual, passionate about technology
Who is Anchanto:
We are a Global B2B cloud company that enables enterprises and partners to grow and manage their end-to-end Commerce and Logistics operations through its world class Cloud and AI products and services.
With more than 7,000 customers, leading global brands, large retailers, and postal operators leverage Anchanto to process more than a billion dollars of revenue each year. Our powerful, scalable products deliver rapid innovation integrated to over 135 different commerce and carrier platforms across the world.