We are hiring Engineering Director with a total 13-17 Years of IT experience and minimum 7 years of technical leadership experience. Anchanto engineering team is growing rapidly and we are looking for an exceptional leader who can manage entire projects deliveries from engineering side, and also attract, mentor, challenge and retain high quality engineers. Development for customizations in existing products for customers projects and building/enhancing products. Focus to be on improving productivity, development processes, release management, configuration management, quality, delivery timelines, capacity management, team competency and team structure for smoother deliveries.
- Recruitment, training, mentoring, performance reviews and career management for engineering team members
- Managing a team of developers in several technologies
- Managing team members’ allocations for customer projects independently
- Ensuring Engineering team members’ competency is assessed and improved as per projects requirements
- Improving the productivity of the Engineering team
- Clear reporting of the team members allocations and deliverables
- Ensuring right structure for the team to deliver customer projects efficiently
- High quality knowledge transfers for business continuity
Customer Centric Approach:
- On time deliveries of customer projects
- Ensuring adequate allocations and support for projects during various phases from kick-off to Go-live
- Good quality project documentation from development standpoint
- Efficient SIT support, UAT support, issues debugging, detailed RCAs and Go-live support
Development Management and Development Processes:
- Ensuring development processes are improved and strictly followed (development kick-off, review of requirements and designs, coding standards, unit testing with good code coverage, code reviews, release notes, production deployment documentation) and consequently avoiding re-work
- Review code and design on various aspects like extensibility, scalability, security, design patterns etc., and ensure that all relevant best practices are followed
- Driving automations in various areas like unit testing, code reviews using specific tools, deployments etc.
- Evaluate, improve, re-define and own the configuration management
- Evaluate the current development methodology and drive improvements for better end to end delivery
- 100% visibility of the delivery to higher management
- Development as per Waterfall and/or Agile methodology depending on projects requirements
- Ensuring team is delivering projects on time and any delays in a project does not have cascading effect on other projects timelines
- Planning ahead of time for scalability based on incoming projects and forecasting
- Working closely with Project Management Team, Sales functions to understand the demand
What You Need/ You have a track record of:
- B.E/B.Tech/M.Tech/MCA with overall minimum 13+ years of experience in building and delivering highly scalable software with at least 2+ years of experience in leading engineering team
- Technical leadership experience in planning, designing, implementing, and delivering large projects spanning multiple engineers
- Should be able to work under minimal / no supervision, and make technology decisions regularly
- Experience working in a high growth and fast paced environment
- Proficiency with code versioning tools such as Git, Github, SVN
- Experience with AWS Cloud deployment
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs. Should have good knowledge of JSON and XML
- Well-versed with SOA / Microservice principle, cloud-based web services architecture, design patterns, DevOps, CI/CD tools and TDD
- Experience managing development delivery in agile methodologies such as Scrum and Kanban
- Comfortable in managing team members with different skill sets and technical areas of focus.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal), interpersonal skills, Clarity of thought, skills in dealing with a diverse population
- Passionate about technology, problem solving, learning new skills, sharing expertise and knowledge
- Well organized, Self-motivated, results driven individual, good at understanding the big picture.
- Strong team player with ability to handle multiple projects and team
- Able to lead recruiting efforts and determine headcount for the team.
We are a Global B2B cloud company that enables enterprises and partners to grow and manage their end-to-end Commerce and Logistics operations through its world class Cloud and AI products and services.
With more than 7,000 customers, leading global brands, large retailers, and postal operators leverage Anchanto to process more than a billion dollars of revenue each year. Our powerful, scalable products deliver rapid innovation integrated to over 135 different commerce and carrier platforms across the world.