We at Anchanto are seeking an experienced Engineering Director to join our team. Are you an experienced Engineering Director looking to join a high-performing product team where your impact will be felt immediately? If yes, we are interested in talking to you. The right candidate will energize the team, foster collaboration across the organization, and lead the drive toward high-caliber, high-performing products.
- Complete ownership & accountability of product development including product technology definition, roadmap planning, resource planning and execution.
- Manage & effectively negotiate scope participating in the roadmap activities, identify risks and devise risk mitigation plans, liaise with stake holders including Anchanto and client executives
- Effectively communicate expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion. Liaise with stakeholders including executives on an ongoing basis.
- Be an expert with Agile methodologies and deliver these processes throughout the organisation.
- Manage the scrum execution for the team including Daily Standup, Sprint Planning, Sprint Demo, Sprint Retrospective, and Backlog Grooming etc.
- Work closely with business and operations leadership, product management, architects to define the product features
- Remove impediments, escalate issues and guide the team to resolution.
- Be hands-on in driving the delivery of critical initiatives, managing all aspects of the project such as project planning, requirements definition, risk management, communication, and implementation planning.
- Proactively manage changes in scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
- Be the technical leader & problem solver in the team
- Full responsibility over team’s activities: Drive efficiency, ensure high quality deliverables and SLA
- Prioritizing daily actions and monitoring team resources so that deadlines are met
What you need to have/Required Skills:
- Seasoned manager, with strong experience in managing engineering teams comprising of 20-40 members.
- Total 18+ years of work experience.
- Software development experience in Ruby On Rails, Java is needed. Node.js/React is plus to which we will be migrating ROR based products.
- 12+ years professional hand-on software development experience, working on large scale enterprise product development on cloud.
- Proven track record in leading teams and driving releases for delivering quality products in a timely manner under high pressure and aggressive schedules.
- Experience building enterprise class software and innovative culture in teams.
- Experience with REST, SOAP Services, XML, JSON
- Well versed with code review tools & Unit test frameworks/tools (like Junit, Test NG, etc)
- Strong experience in Databases like MySQL, Postgres, NoSQL
- Must have excellent communication skills
- University degree in Computer Science or related technical field
Who we are:
Enabling Simpler, Faster and Scalable eCommerce Operations, Our mission is to simplify backend eCommerce operations for businesses of all sizes through our innovative & intelligent SaaS platforms. We aim to transform the way businesses conduct eCommerce in the region, while aggressively moving towards becoming the most customer-centric company in our domain.
With headquarters in Singapore, a Global Product Engineering Centre in Pune, India and with strong local presence in the countries we do business in, Anchanto team numbers more than 300 employees worldwide serving 300+ customers worldwide. With rapidly growing customer base and constantly evolving needs of the market, we are looking to ramp up our engineering teams in Pune.
If you are looking to work with a fast-growing product company that offers to work on cutting edge technology, exhilarating & rewarding experience and excellent work-life balance, take a look at our various job openings.